Hebrew Translation: 1 Samuel 1:15-23

Happy Friday! 

The translation has continued without much posting. Over the next week or so I'm going to share all the verses I've worked on this semester.

1 Samuel 1:15-23

And Hannah answered and said, "No, my lord, I am a woman deeply trouble in spirit. I have not drunk wine or strong drink, but I am pouring out my soul before the Lord.

Do not ascribe to your servant worthlessness for I have been here speak my of great trouble and vexation all this time.

And Eli answered and said, "Go in peace and may the God of Israel give your your petition which you have asked of Him."

And she said, "Let your servant find favour in your eyes," and the woman went on her way, and she and her face was no longer said.

They got up early in the morning, and worshipped before the Lord, and then went back from where they came, to their house in Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.

And it came to pass, at the turn of the year, that Hannah conceived and born a son, and named him Samuel, `for, I have asked for him from the Lord.' 

And the man Elkanah and all his house went up to sacrifice to Lord to the yearly sacrifice and his vow. 
But Hannah did not go up, for she said to her husband, `I will stay until the youth is weaned--then I will bring him, so he may appear before the presence of the Lord and dwelt there always.' 

And Elkanah, her husband, said to her, `Do what is best in your eyes; stay until you have weaned him; only may the Lord establish His word;' and the woman stayed and nursed her son until she had weaned him.

Comments