Hello 43!


Yesterday was my 43rd birthday. I have successful completed another journey around the sun! The day began early, with a 5:00 am wake up call so that we would be up and at St. Laurent Park in Mississauga before the 6:17 am sunrise. As the alarm went off, Alex asked if this would be a good year to end the sunrise birthday tradition. However reluctant he may have been he was a good sport when I said no.

Right after arriving, we were surprised by ducks flying over our heads before waiting for the sun to arrive. 

 

This year my birthday overlaps with the Free Methodist Church in Canada's General Conference. The majority of the day was spent in business meetings and chatting with friends and colleagues during the break. It was a quiet day. That is until supper when someone at the table told our Lone Star server that it was my birthday. I got a song and lovely sombrero but no pictures of me in the hat (just a video blogger isn't uploading).

 

Knowing that we would be at the conference all day on my birthday, Alex and I had a celebratory meal the day before. My drink came with fireworks and dry ice. 

 

It was a wonderful birthday. Thank you everyone for the kind words, wishes, and blessings. For those looking for the conclusion of the 42 While 42 Birthday Challenge, I'll be sharing it on Tuesday, April 30th. I have already begun the plans for this year's new birthday challenge goals. I may have it ready for May 1st but promise it will be up before May 10th.

Comments