Art

I like music. I think its very important to worship. I am thankful to those who use their gifts and skills to enrich the Christian communities worship through music. I find at times that we have become so accustom to the use of music that we forget there are other arts out there.

This blessed me: artworship

Wednesday last week, I was having tea with a friend. She asked me if I knew that NT Wright was on Acadia campus, which is ten minutes from my place. I hadn't known. If I had I probably would have gone to hear him. I was sad.

After talking to someone else who went to the Wednesday night session I was a little morethers sad. The topics was about the relationship the arts have to worship or something. Her explaination wasn't clear. It sounded interesting. I'm going to try and get the tapes or something.

Comments

Combs said…
The thing about art is that it's our one true chance to do what only God has ever done...create. Not just create, but create beauty, to create a living breathing thing that will, in its own way, move. Art effects the people who see it. I can think of no better way to worship God than to emulate Him through creating ourselves. You know that I'm partial to music, but I've always know that this applies to all forms of art. If your gift is song, sing. If your gift is dance, dance. If God granted you the gift of being about to recreate His world, then do it to the best of your ability. The arts are like none of the other gifts that God grants his children, and personally I think they're the best of the gifts.
matthew said…
i stink at almost all forms of art, but i agree with you if you are saying we have allowed music alone to monopolize worship-via-art for too long. I'd like to see more of the other kinds :)
Anonymous said…
Dear Liz: that was a very cool site. You always have something to teach your auntie. Thanks, Love you kid.