Sunday, September 11, 2016
FOR TODAY: September 11, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.
Outside my window... a beautiful garden
I am thinking... about Anabaptist theology
I am thankful... for my Sister
I am wearing... grey Rend Collective graphic tee and jeans
I am creating... a schedule of youth ministry events and activities.
I am reading... I've been reading some Janet Evanovich I've worked through Wicked Appetite, Wicked Business, One for the Money and currently Two for the Dough. And also my spiritual reading are Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus, The Rhythm of Prayer: A Forty Day Experience, and The Books of the Bible.
I am watching... Galavant, Star Trek: Deep Space 9, The Pretender with Mom, and Tuesday I'm introducing sister and a few of her friends to Firefly.
I am geeking out... Star Trek, two Fridays ago we went to the Star Trek Experience. We did fun quizzes and games. It was so much fun.
I played... Tiny Epic Defenders, Tiny Epic Galaxies, and DC Deck-Builder Rivals: Batman vs. Batman.
One of my favorite things... new chip flavour taste tests. Lays have three new country flavours UK: cheese and onion, Canada: bacon poutine, and Thailand: Thai Sweet Chili. At this week's youth ministry event "Lunch with Liz" we did a taste test. UK won and the poutine was the least favourite.
Verse of the week... Mark 4:18-19 NIV
‘The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.’
Song of the Week:
In the Kitchen... I've been trying new things. Mum and I have started informal cooking classes with a friend of hers. This week we made salsa and hummus. Then with the eggplant I tried to make a balsamic glaze. I over cooked it and ended up with candied balsamic taffy.
A few plans for the rest of the week:...the week is seems packed. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my regular office days. Tuesday is there is Lunch with Liz, tea with a new friend, and TV night. Thursday mum and are attending a retreat called "Day of Joy" (I think that's the name). And Saturday I have a youth ministry event planned.
Happening On The Blog:... I have something planned for everyday this week. Tomorrow should be on the garden, Tuesday about Suicide Squad (at last). Friday I have a few different ideas. And as always this week the regular series are back: Daily Salad, Thankful Thursday, and Wednesday Art.
The first day of school
Friday, September 09, 2016
I find it a delicious. Fruit and/or berries is a sweet addition to any salad. I think my first experience of fruit in salad was a spinach and strawberry salad at Paddy's (in NS) with poppy seed dressing. I wasn't sure I would like it. I did and have since gone on to like pears, apples, blueberries, or Mandarin oranges. It's not always a perfect balance. A few of the past 60 salads haven't always had a yummy mix of veggies and fruit. Some foods just don't go well together. Overall I do recommend trying fruit in your next salad.
Are there any other fruit/salad recommendations?
Thursday, September 08, 2016
- ...that my family could all participate in the Star Trek Experience. It looked like it wasn't going to happen and then it did and I was over the moon.
- ...that we had a good and safe drive to and from family over the long weekend. After we were home I heard on the news how many serious accidents there were on the same roads we travelled. I am really thankful we had good weather with no troubles.
- ...that I could spend the long weekend with my extended family. I love every chance I get to see my Grandma (Hi Grandma) and aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was awesome times!
- ...for green spaces. We spent Sunday at a great country park. Enjoyed a nice picnic, Sister and I swam in the lake, and then I had a nap. Good times.
- ...for Mum's fried chicken
- ...for the area's public library. I always love libraries but for awhile I've been comparing this one to the library in NS. My NS library was amazing and the new library is just different in ways that make me sad. BUT...my appreciation is growing. It is a good space for sermon writing and they got me a book on interlibrary loan very fast.
- ...that my Sister has a great group of friends.