Thankful Thursday #272

Hello Friends, it has been challenging days. There is a lot of good. However, some days seem like a roller coaster of ups and downs. As I share this, I want to let you know, I am okay. And even in that good place, I have been battling negative thoughts, discouragement, and fatigue, along with Celiac  symptoms. 

Being thankful has been one practice that has helped navigate my emotions, shift my focus, and renew my heart. It is not the only practice that helps but an important one.  

I am thankful for...

  1. Warm days. It has been lovely taking walks this week.
  2. Surprise visitors, especially when they come bringing tea.
  3. Our local gluten-free bakery, the Silly Yak
  4. A much needed extension a huge paper.
  5. A friend introducing me to a new coffee shop (Nora's if you are in Kingston, ON), the bonus it had gluten-free options.
  6. Alex, he is very supportive. There were a number of big and little things this week. One of the things he got together with another man from the church this week and hung some paints we've wanted to put on the walls since we arrived.
  7. Susi, she's just wonderful friend, good listener, sound advice giver, and I love getting to talk with her on the phone.
  8. My parents and talking with them on the phone.
  9. Sister chats. She's great. I am so proud of the person she is and is growing into.
  10. My Bible study group willing to go off script to look at my Bible translation of Psalm 23 (it will be posted Sunday or Monday followed by a translation of Psalm 30).
  11. Vegetables, they make me happy. 
  12. Gluten-free tortillas that do not wrap the moment you go to pick up your taco.
  13. Church ladies who loaned me cake and dessert displays for an object lesson last Sunday...and one person who went above and beyond by filling her trays with a multitude of treats.
  14. My ukulele lessons.
  15. How God answered a prayer for discernment, and confirmed it through two other people.

Comments