36 While 36: January Update

Only 90 days till my birthday. That also means only 90 days to complete the remaining 36 While 36 challenges. The last update was in November and the standing were:
  • 23 Completed
  • 7 Started
  • 6 Unstarted
Hopefully progress has been made. Let's find out

The Key
plain text = not started
green text = started
purple text = completed

1) Choose a 2018 Word
     My word is still in process. I'm leading a "My One Word" small group at my church only the weather has been against us and we've had to reschedule. I hope to have settled on a word by February 10th.
2) Make a 40 Before 40 List
    Here is the whole 40 Before 40 list
3) Send/give Christmas Cards (36 minimum)
    All the cards were made, nine were given. I have this plan to send the rest next week.
4) Marry Someone
     Done; on September 2nd. Congratulations Chris and Becca Gilbert! (Sorry to those who thought it might be a hint at progress in my own relationship status. I am still as single as ever).

5) Be a NaNoWriMo Rebel
     With only four days left of NaNoWriMo I count this as completed. I have participated this year in the writing contest as a rebel regardless of if I cross the 50k word goal or not.
6) Memorize Philippians 4:4-9
    I know the passage! I had it down solid in November. I will need to practice more.

Second (or Third+) Chances
7) Finish Reading New Testament
    I have 10 books left to read
8) Draw Regularly (12 drawings)
    You can find the new art most Wednesdays
 9) Write Down My Children's Stories
    I've written out 3 of the 4 stories
10) A Day of Silence
11) Cosplay a New Character
Petronella Osgood and Zygone Osgood
Or is that Zygone Osgood and Petronella Osgood?
I will never tell!
12) Make a video
    There is a plan to make a video. We keep postponing. Soon....  

Eighteen Items off the NS Trip List

There have already been many post about each of these challenges. You can find links to the NS trip and all the challenges here.
13) Hug all of my people
14) Brunch with The Brunch Club
15) Attend the Wednesday Games Group Games Night
16) Picture with a giant lobster
17) Watch the sunrise over the Bay of Fundy
18) Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
19) Eat Lobster
20) Eat Muscles
21) Eat Scott Skins
22) Eat Chicken Curry Fries
23) Eat at the Korean Place
24) Eat at the Naked Crepe
25) Visit the Look-Off
26) Visit The Wolfville Farmer Market
27) Visit Halls Harbour
28) Visit Port George
29) Visit Luneburg
30) Visit Mahone Bay

Six Items off the 40 Before 40 List
31) Let go of stuff (#23)
    A friend has helped start. I think we'll be continuing the process in January.
32) Exercise (#34)
    I've been working out regularly in tandem with my the keeping a food journal goal. There have been skipped days for both over the holiday. I am actually finding January hard to keep things going.
33) Keep Food Journal (#35)
    I'm on day 74.
34) Make a life time bucket list (#4)
35) Volunteer (#15)
    I helped ring bells this Christmas
36) TBA

The new stats are:
  • 26 Completed (an addition of three)
  • 7 Started
  • 3 Unstarted
I am quiet happy. This might be the first year I complete the whole list. Did I make the list too easy? I didn't think so, I am still very surprised by how much has already been accomplished.

For the regular readers, thank you for your patience during my posting absence. I normally am whipped after a month of posting everyday. This year I also some health issues that wiped me out. They are now under control and my regular-sporadic posting will resume. I took my family to see Paddington 2 tonight. Maybe I'll do a movie review of it soon. I still want to write a review for Jumanji 2 and there is also a Star War that could be written. We shall see.

Comments