Wednesday Weekly Art #14 -Trees

Last week I was at a denomination pastor's conference held at camp. It meant limited internet and no chance to blog. Up side it gave me the opportunity to paint.


I finished two pieces from earlier. The one on the right (above) was a struggle. I attempted something but the brush I had wasn't quiet right. I whipped out the mistake and tried again. I still didn't like the result. A few more attempts and I realized what I had was the best it would be and I left it. I also added leaves to the tree below.
The first night of the conference there was a storm. It woke me just after midnight and I found I was unable to get back to sleep. I spent hours alternating between reading and painting. It was an inspiring night. It was how I finished the above pieces and they found two great tutorials online that created that next four pieces.
 
I really like how these trees both turned out. There was a freedom to the the process. The green tree is my second attempt and my favourite of the two. There was something in the experience that felt like i was starting to get watercolours. They don't feel overworked like all my earlier attempts.

 These last two pieces were from the same tutorial. I didn't really have the right brushes with me. I like the top one more. I think it looks better of the two finished. In the second one I tried a few new things. I think the trees on the top look better but there is two many and the reflection doesn't blend as well.




The last accomplishment was the second page on the colour mixing charts. Only eight more to go.

Comments