Cosplay Dreams

I don't remember when I first discovered cosplay; I followed a number of creators for a few years. It wasn't until 2009 that I got to try cosplay. It was a character from my friend Mark's comic Kings and Thieves.  

Since then I've completed seven other costumes. With each new costume I tried new techniques and am slowly improving my skills.  I am still an amateur but I adore cosplay. 

What is Cosplay?
cos·play
/ˈkäzˌplā,ˈkäsˌplā/
noun 
the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime.
verb
to engage in cosplay.
It is such a fun hobby. It satisfies my ADHD need to try new things mixed with my love of geeky fandoms. Almost every show or movie I watch I begin wondering who I would cosplay as and imagining how I would put the costume together. I have a long list of characters I want to try. Sharing these goals here seems like the best way to achieve a few more.

Before Christmas:
The following are projects I want to accomplish this year, preferably while the weather is still good
  • Untangle and care for two of my wigs that need attention (they've been used at three conventions)
  • Start preparing an already 3D printed Mera trident 
  • Begin to craft the great sword from Onward
Next Dreams:
These are the next cosplay projects I want to focus on:  
  • Laurel Lightfoot (Onward)
  • Disney Bounding. This is more undercover cosplay. Creating lower key fashionable outfits that aren't costumes but are inspired by a Disney character. I would like to put together four or five outfits
Future Dreams:
These are my someday cosplay dreams
  • Finish Laurel Lightfoot (Onward)
  • A DC Heroine: the top of the list are Wonder Woman and Mera (DC Bombshell)
  • A Marvel Heroine: the top of the list is Squirrel Girl
  • Firefly: the Kaylee party dress from Shindig
  • Violet Evergreen
  • Something based on Ghibli Studio movies
  • Another partner cosplay with Mum. We're thinking the fairy godmothers from Sleeping Beauty
  • A transformation dress. I've considered Cinderella
  • A couple costume with Alex. We've talked about a number of options including Vex and Percy (Critical Role), Jester and Fjord (Critical Role 2), Ramona and Scott (Scott Pilgrim), Sophie and Howl (Howl's Moving Castle), or something Disney like: Ariel and Eric, Ana and Kristof, Vanellope and Ralph, Ysma and Kronk, Rapunzel and Flynn

Comments