My One Word 2021

Hello Friends,

We're starting the new 2021 No Reading Required Book Study year off with "My One Word" written by Mike Ashcraft and Rachel Olsen.

I have read this book (at least in part) every January since 2013 when my friend introduced me to the concept. It is an alternative to New Year resolutions. 

We often make our resolutions based on past failures, areas of regret, or shame based thinking that often starts "if only I was..." My One Word is different. From the My One Word website:
If you’re like most people, each January goes something like this: You choose a problematic behavior that has plagued you for years and vow to reverse it. In fact, you can probably think of two or three undesirable habits—make that four or five. Thus begins the litany of imperfections to be perfected commonly known as “New Year’s Resolutions.” All of which are typically off your radar by February.
“My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond this cycle. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future. - See more at My One Word
If you are interested in joining me for this look at My One Word this year, I will be using Facebook Live on Tuesdays in January at 7:30pm. Then a few times throughout the year to follow up. If you would like to have the chapter questions and be informed about the mid year sessions please signup below.

Comments