Week 11 of 15 Review

I love how each day is a fresh start. This self imposed challenge may be fifteen weeks long but every week I feel like it is a reset. I doesn't matter if I missed a few habits last week or that I did everything on my list. Today starts a fresh new week full of possibilities. I like that.

Today also was my first day back to school. I was accepted into the Masters of Divinity program at Tyndale mid December. I am studying online. To help me transition to learning mode I have chosen to watch my lectures at my church office. It worked for the first day. My biggest lesson was, lectures are long -bring (healthy) snacks.

What I Am Doing?

  • NEW Wake Up by 6:30 am
  • Begin morning with Lectio 365, Journal Writing, Thankfulness, and a devotional with Alex and morning stretching
  • Drink 4 "little mermaid" cups worth of water (about a half gallon)
  • Do an XBX workout
  • 8,000 Steps
  • Meet the Noom food budget without going over the red foods
  • Read the daily Noom articles
  • Duolingo Lesson
  • Read ten pages from a physical book
  • Ten minutes of dance
  • Reflect on victories at the end of each day
  • End day with Lectio 365
  • On Mondays take a progress photo and post an update on this blog.

Week Eleven Review:

It was a good week. I am really enjoying the new emphasis on my morning routines. It is making me want to get out of bed as I transition to being a morning person. I have learned the secret to a good morning/day is when I go to sleep the night before. The only night I did not get up before my 7:00 am wake up (this coming week it has moved to 6:30am) was the night I could not sleep. I was up till 4:00 am and "slept-in" till 10:00 am. 

The areas of struggle were the walking, water consumption, and the Noom goals. With effort the water and walking happen. Most days that I didn't make my goal I was close, like three cups or only 1,000 steps to go. It still feels like small wins because I know I am farther on my journey that I would be if I wasn't trying and tracking.

I decided that I was going to ignore the Noom challenges for the week. I still tracked my eating and weight but nothing beyond that. Noom recently re-accessed a number of products. Some foods like cereals and pastas that had been classed as yellow are now green. This is a good thing and improves the quality of the food tracking. However, we had done groceries before we noticed the changes. I was so made the first time a meal I thought would be yellow was all red and pushed me over my colour budget. That's when I learned the change. I got over it and decided that we would make the meals that we planned, eat the red foods without stress -cause food is expensive these days. I also gave myself permission to enjoy a few more of the remaining festive treats. This coming week would be a fresh start.   

Looking Ahead:

This is going to be a great week. I was able to check off all my daily habits with the exception of wake by 6:30 am (I had my alarm still set for 7:00 am). I was even within the Noom food budget and did my Noom lessons.

I am feeling motivated, focused, and excited for the week. I know feelings fade, and there are dips in motivation and energy. I expect there will be days that class load is going to mean a late night finishing a paper and that will "mess up" the next day's morning tasks. There are going to be days ahead that I want to stop, but right now...I am confident I am going to finish the week and the whole 15 Weeks stronger than I started.

Comments