Week 14 of 15 Review

It is the last mile, the home stretch, the final week. The end is near with new opportunities on the horizon.

What I Am Doing?

  • Wake Up by 6:00 am
  • Begin morning with Lectio 365, Journal Writing, Thankfulness, and a devotional with Alex, XBX workout, Duolingo lesson and morning stretching
  • Drink 4 "little mermaid" cups worth of water (about a half gallon)
  • 8,000 Steps
  • Meet the Noom food budget without going over the red foods and reading the daily Noom articles
  • 20 minutes reading of required reading for each of my three classes
  • Ten minutes of dance
  • Reflect on victories at the end of each day
  • End day with Lectio 365
  • On Mondays take a progress photo and post an update on this blog.

Week Fourteen Review:

Overall, things went better than last week. I'm learning to find new healthy rhythms that work with being a full time student who is also a Pastor and working. It is still a learning process. The healthy habits that have been the hardest to keep up have been the walking and workouts. It feels like there is not enough time to do all my course work and keep all my tasks unless I give up sleep (which isn't a real option). 

The stress of the previous week was deep. I definitely did some stress eating and enjoyed more comfort foods. There was discouraging weight gain and a sense that I was moving backwards. Some of the gain I think was water retention due to more salty foods. I also have noticed I had a massive acne breakout, made me feel like I was back in high school.

Looking Ahead:

Last week! I am doing my best to stay the course and finish strong. I've stopped XBX, it isn't the time, the workout is less than 15 minutes. It was becoming stressful. The challenge increase hit a place I just could not maintain. I stopped looking forward to the workout. I know one of the things I will be looking into after the 15 Weeks is over is how to modify XBX to work for me OR find a similar set of routines.

Comments