March's Look at the 40 While 40

Liz's Note: I know it's not March. Tt's the end of term and there is much paper writing.

Only twenty days left to complete as many of this year's birthday challenges as possible. There are twenty-four left to finish. I think this is going to be a very busy month.

Interested in the changes and how the rest of challenges are going? Keep reading:

Challenge Legend:
Black =have not started
Green =just started or have a plan
Blue =in progress and success is possible
Purple =VICTORY!

1. Go on a Spiritual Retreat.
This happened in February. 

2. Practice Sabbath Keeping 40 times.
This has been going well, we have six sabbaths left to keep.

3. Finish reading through the Bible
Read through the New Testament.
I finished Revelation last week.

4. Write 40 sermons/sermon outline
Be a full time student.
My reasoning for the forty sermons was to stimulate my thinking. Being back in school and writing papers is serving the same purpose.

5. Memorize 40 new Scripture verses.
I memorized Philippians 2:1-15 as my last forty new verses.

6. Master the Charleston dance.
I have dabbled in attempts, watched videos, but still haven't really practiced.

7. Walk to Lothlorien (virtually with the Walk to Mordor app).
We "arrived" at Lothlorien February 20, 2022. 

8. Walk a virtual walk of the Cabot Trail.
We have finished the 299.4km goal on July 28! And finished the Ring of Kerry and are now working on North Coast walk of Scotland. 

9. Complete a virtual Mount Fuji climb.
I am 35% of the way done.

10. Go on a 15km+ Hike.
I am not sure were going to get this one done in the next twenty days.

11. Reach my XBX level. (Which is Level 22)
I made it to my target level last week!

12. Sleep in a tent or under the stars and/or take a road trip someplace Alex and I have never been.
We went to camping in Fort Frances. It was a three day road trip there with seven days of tenting and a four day road trip back. We also visited seven provincial parks along the way.

13. Read 40 Books.  
I have finished 34 books. Only 6 to read (or listen to).

14. Make a Dopa menu.
I need to re-watch the original How to ADHD video that inspired this goal and then make up menu.

15. Make Origami Animals.
We made origami foxes and turtles. I am hoping to make at least four more paper animals.

16. Colour in my giant colouring book.
I don't know if this is done or not. The book has been coloured in but none of the picture are complete. I think I originally thought we'd just finish every page for it to count and if that is the win condition there is still a long ways to go. I might get some young humans to help me with the project.

17. Work on my many scrapbook projects.
This might not happen this year.

18. Send out Thank you cards.
I've written about half of the cards.

19. Create a Christmas Card mailing list and SEND cards.
Christmas cards were sent! The mailing list was smaller than I had planned and the cards were not sent out as early as I had hoped, in fact the last of my cards were written and send of the last day of Christmas (January 5th), but cards were sent. This is a victory.

20. Host a Twelfth Night party
I had such great hopes and plans for our January 5th Twelfth Night party. Nothing went as planned. Our area was in a lockdown. It was disappointing. We decided to hold our "party" online with board games. It was not the same as hosting an in person party but it was all we could manage. 

21. Create a Year of Memories using 1 second video.
This task is stressing me out. I was faithfully adding videos still July. Then I missed a day or two here or there. The last few months I hardly remember to take a video in a week or month. I'm a little disappointed with myself.

22. Make the “Curse Breaker” sword from Onward.
If this happens it will be after my current semester is over.

23. Complete one new cosplay.
Saving my pennies to purchase the last few item: a blue wig, blue tights (to make arm gloves), and maybe purple shoes but I could get away with my blue runners.

24. Try contact lens.
I saw my optometrist, got my new prescription, and inquired about using contact lens. The cost just isn't in the budget right now. For that reason I am not going to pursue contact lens.  

25. Try all of Baskin Robins Flavours of the Month.
We only have April's favourite to try, the plan is to go the week after Easter.

26. Stream Zelda Windwaker on Twitch.
We finished Winderwaker. It was very fun so I have kept streaming. At the moment I'm working through Pikmin 2. 

27. Journal Everyday.
The writing was going well till March 10th, then class work got crazy and I haven't touched my journal. I am going to go back and fill in what I can remember next week.

28. Make a gnome home.
I don't know how I am going to get this challenge done. 

29. Sew a dress or a circle skirt.
I have found some free patterns. I need to print the patterns, wash the fabric, and set a time to sew. Probably after my classes are done.

30. Paint the Humblewood miniatures.
We have the minis, the paints, and the brushes. They have been primed. Similar to the sewing project it will need to wait till after classes. 

31. Make a D&D character journal/binder.
I had planned to work on the over Christmas break, but life happened. I have a journal it just isn't as pretty as I would like it.

32. GM at a convention.
Have an picnic outdoors
The event I was hoping to attend has been postponed till July. I'll be using one of the extra challenges that I had for such an situation.

33. Play 40 different board games.
We have played 49 different board since my birthday.

34. Complete all the Escape quests.
We have completed seven challenges.

35. Finish Season One of Pandemic Legacy 
Finish the missions of Legends of Andor.
We have finished all the quests in the original box of Andor, there are print and play legends we can try and we picked up two expansions, but the challenge was to finish the box stories and we've done that.

36. Truly participate in NaNoWriMo 2021.
I finished this year's NaNoWriMo story.

37. Try a Capsule Wardrobe for 40 Days.
I kept a capsule wardrobe from mid November through December. I enjoyed the experience and may try it again. 

38. Finish the Sweater.
I started the first sleeve is almost done.

39. Finish the Dice Bags.
I've been working on them slowly.

40. Paint the Canvas.
I am resolved the canvas will be painted this year. It won't happen till after classes. But even if it is just finger painting with friends on April 25th, this is the last year "Paint Canvas" is going to be on a birthday challenge list.

The Bonus/Back-Up Challenges:
Disneybound five times: Two outfits done: Moana and Ariel.
Have an picnic outdoors: Alex and I had a number of picnics this summer. It was delightful.
Take care of my purple wig
Marie Kondo my stuff
Make a flower crown

Final Thoughts:
1) I am happy with how this year went. Even if I don't complete any other challenges I am content with the results. 
2) This is a good thing because twenty days is not a lot of time to get the remaining challenges done and I still have two papers to finish.
3) I have started preparing for the new birthday challenge list.

Comments