Thankful Thursday #283

Happy Thursday...on Friday.

Our days have been filled. We are in the midst of moving week. Last night we were at the old apartment late packing and preparing for the big items to be moved tomorrow. There is a lot going on and a lot to be joyful about.

This is what I thankful for this week:

  1. answered prayer to a simple question.
  2. motivation and support from Alex to complete tasks I find daunting.
  3. a day at Charleston Lake with friends. Even with an unplanned swim - Alex and I successfully flipped our canoe. There were a number of blessings in the midst of that came in that small crisis:
    1. I am thankful we were close enough to shore to make righting the canoe much easier.
    2. I am thankful we were able to retrieve everything we had loose in the canoe including the towels that had sunk.
    3. The car keys did not fall out of Alex's pocket and still worked after their dip.
    4. Two men who were camping near where we were attempting to launch from came to Alex and my aid. It would have taken much longer to empty the canoe and have it ready to use. They also helped get on our way again without a second incident.
    5. There were no serious injures. I cut up the bottoms of feet on rocks or maybe muscles but they have healed well and there is no infection.
  4. my church really blesses me. There have been five very kind and needed gifts this week including a gluten-free cookbook, a gluten-free angel food cake mix, and a financial gift that is helping with the move.
  5. the service Sunday was an answer to prayer. It was good and I was blessed to be there. It exactly what I needed.
  6. that the worship team was willing to add a song that I woke up with that morning.
  7. a spontaneous lunch guest
  8. a spontaneous date night dinner out
  9. the walk to the church with Alex.
  10. a long call with my Sister
  11. we were able to get the sound to work before our Tuesday book club stream
  12. a great salad
  13. people in my church dreaming and planning exciting things for the fall and the joy of watching the details come together.
  14. a hot water bottle.
  15. unexpected office visits
God is good to me.  There is sorrow, pain, and setbacks but I love my life. 

Comments