Beauty Uncaptured

"I don’t think I’ve ever seen any pictures that come close to matching the evocative strength of Tolkien’s writing about Lothlórien, including my one. It is not a matter of simply translating his descriptions into pictorial form, because their strength is not so much in the pictures they conjure up as in the feelings that evoke. I think these feeling are derived from something primordial, a connection with the forest that was broken early in mankind’s development –a lost paradise that part of us still yearns for."
-Alan Lee
He did the conceptual art and set decorator for the movies.

Comments

Sarah Gomez said…
Isn't Alan Lee the professor who took Doc Taylor's position at Bethany???
jen said…
I was just going to say, Allan Lee is the Psych prof at Bethany. Weird...
Elizabeth said…
lol, sarah and jen, i thought the name seemed familiar

Cuz, i'm not surprised that you know that. i'll look at your copy this summer, if that's all right?