I'm Back!

It’s always fun to discover people read my blog. Just over a week ago I fly home (Ontario) to be with family as we grieved the lost of my Grandpa Willson. After condolences the second most popular thing I heard was “why aren’t you blogging?” or “when are you going to post something again?”

I knew I hadn’t been writing much but it wasn’t till then that I realized that the last significant post was from June. So, I give my sincere apology to those of you who still read blog. All I can say is it has been very busy and writing suffered. Thank you for sticking around and hopefully I’ll get back into a routine when school starts. For now a list of what’s been going on:

· The biggest event of the summer was the death of my grandfather. It was hard and sad because I miss him. But I am glad he’s in heaven…probably watching a ball game. And it was wonderful to see my family, swim with my sister, and see my family.

· First of July I was at Beulah for family camp. A good week the highlights were playing board games, ordination, and visiting with Missy

· My writing group me a wonderful gift, after failing to make the June 30th deadline for my nanowrimo novel the group to a collection to help me self publish when the story is ready. Sadly I haven’t worked on the story since.

· I lost all self-discipline after Beulah. I stopped running because my friend and I couldn’t get together, I gave up on the apartment therapy, and I stopped writing (as you just read).

· We (the children’s ministry at the church) did three backyard clubs and a soccer camp this summer. I am so thankful for Tabi or I wouldn’t have survived the chaos.

· We divided the youth group into two nights by age for the summer Wed was junior high and Thurs was senior high. It made things very busy for me but was the best summer interaction and participation I’ve had in the four years I’ve been at the church.

· Sr. High night was called Epic. We had a games night, campfire, 80s night…I was the only one to dress up, laser tag with Hillside, and the most awesomtastic Frenchies Formal banquet!

· Jr. high night was called Team vs. Team or TVT. Each night was a completion for a trophy but there were also animals awarded (I borrowed the idea from Kirk Perry and Zion Hill). It was a hit when kids could make it but soccer had a huge effect on our numbers.

· Somehow to deal with the stress of the days events I’ve been watching a lot of TV. Blockbuster has this great 30 days of unlimited older movies rental for $10. I watched all of season 4 & 5 of Alias, first season of the Big Bang Theory, plus Tabi, Lucas & I are working through Lost. Then on Wed and Thur I have TV night @ Doug & Terri’s. We’ve been watch So You Think You Can Dance, Big Brother, and Rookie Blue.

So that’s my summer…more writing soon (maybe even sooner if I stop watching TV)

P.S. One more thing, I’m in a musical…play this weekend. It’s really more of a dramatic reading of a musical. Back in April during Script Frenzy my friend Donna wrote a musical about three Canadian girls visiting Paris called Ooh-La-La-Eh! As part of the editing process she is having three of the readings this weekend to get view feedback. One of the readers had to back out so I am stepping in at the last moment. In fact I need to run to practice right now…

Comments

Unknown said…
yeah You are back! I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. I have missed you, this is the only interaction i have with you any more. I hope your musical goes good and that you have lots of fun will it.
Elizabeth said…
Thanks Glo, I'm glad you still read and I love connecting with you via posting.
DJ said…
Welcome Back Liz! :)