The Simple Woman Daybook 181


FOR TODAY: September 11, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window... a beautiful garden

I am thinking... about Anabaptist theology

I am thankful... for my Sister
 
I am wearing... grey Rend Collective graphic tee and jeans

I am creating... a schedule of youth ministry events and activities.

I am reading
... I've been reading some Janet Evanovich I've worked through Wicked Appetite, Wicked Business, One for the Money and currently Two for the Dough. And also my spiritual reading are Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of JesusThe Rhythm of Prayer: A Forty Day Experience, and The Books of the Bible.

I am watching... Galavant, Star Trek: Deep Space 9, The Pretender with Mom, and Tuesday I'm introducing sister and a few of her friends to Firefly.

I am geeking out... Star Trek, two Fridays ago we went to the Star Trek Experience. We did fun quizzes and games. It was so much fun.
 

 

I played... Tiny Epic Defenders, Tiny Epic Galaxies, and DC Deck-Builder Rivals: Batman vs. Batman.
One of my favorite things... new chip flavour taste tests. Lays have three new country flavours UK: cheese and onion, Canada: bacon poutine, and Thailand: Thai Sweet Chili. At this week's youth ministry event "Lunch with Liz" we did a taste test. UK won and the poutine was the least favourite.
 

Verse of the week... Mark 4:18-19 NIV
‘The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
     to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.’
Song of the Week:



From the Garden:... we harvested the eggplant and mum liked it.

In the Kitchen... I've been trying new things. Mum and I have started informal cooking classes with a friend of hers. This week we made salsa and hummus. Then with the eggplant I tried to make a balsamic glaze. I over cooked it and ended up with candied balsamic taffy. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:...the week is seems packed. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my regular office days. Tuesday is there is Lunch with Liz, tea with a new friend, and TV night. Thursday mum and are attending a retreat called "Day of Joy" (I think that's the name). And Saturday I have a youth ministry event planned.  

Happening On The Blog:... I have something planned for everyday this week. Tomorrow should be on the garden, Tuesday about Suicide Squad (at last). Friday I have a few different ideas. And as always this week the regular series are back: Daily SaladThankful Thursday, and Wednesday Art.

A few pictures to share:...
 
From the long weekend

The first day of school

Comments

Amai said…
I love the plum series. They're such fun reads. I didn't really get into the Wicked spin off, but I like Evanovich as a writer.
Elizabeth said…
It's been fun so far.