The Simple Woman Daybook 187


FOR TODAY: October 28, 2017
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window...it's dark, not surprising since it's 15 minutes to midnight.

I am thinking...about future plans and how to make things happen. Last night at the football game the 50/50 was over $36,000. We didn't buy a ticket, so there was no chance of winning, but it didn't stop me from dreaming about what I would do if we had.

I am thankful...that I got to see my two Montreal friends today. I am so thankful to know Joe and Jeremy.

I am wearing...a lot of black: socks, jeans, top with a burgundy scarf.

I am creating...socks. For the knitters: its a two-at-a-time-toe-up-magic-loop patter. I'm on row 92 and am five or six rows into the heel.

I am reading...And Then There Were Nuns by Jane Christmas I love it, I've read two of her other books and loved them as well. Also, it's tempting me to forgo the online dating on the 40 Before 40 (challenge #21) and seek out a cloistered life. I'm not really there yet, still...the thought has crossed my mind.

I am watching... Arrow (Season 3) and with Mum and Dad we're watching Perception.

I am geeking out... Stranger Things, starting season two tomorrow after we buy pumpkins.

I played... Ryuutama, it's a table top RPG
One of my favorite things...a bath to finish off the day

Verse of the week... Philippians 4:9
In the Kitchen... I baked three dozen cupcakes. half are chocolate and half a vanilla. I've iced six of each type chocolate, the next 12 will have a buttercream icing, and the last 12 I'm going to try a Nutella-buttercream recipe.

A few plans for the rest of the week:...tomorrow is my church's month fellowship lunch, which is also why I was baking three dozen cupcakes, followed by pumpkin shopping and watching Stranger Things. Monday we're having a small pumpkin carving party at the house and probably more Stranger Things. Tuesday will be...tame. I think I am on handing out duty. I will probably knit while I wait. Wednesday is a family celebration and jr high youth group. Then rest of the week is plan less.

Comments