Hello Forty! Birthday Celebrations from Sunrise to after Sunset

Forty is here!

It feels pretty much like 39 but I liked it. I did greet the new decade with the annual sunrise picture. It was beautiful but cold. The overcast clouds did hinder our witnessing the actual sunrise. 

The sky just got lighter with hints of colour. It wasn't till the sun was well in the sky that rays of light broke through. I was still able to capture the moment, got silly a few silly shots, and Alex and I saw some ducks and a heron. 

It was also very cold. We were both thankful to get back into the warm car when the pictures were done.

 

EDIT: I totally forgot I wanted to do this. SO, I started the birthday sunrise tradition on my 30th birthday because 30 felt like a change. And before than major changes in my life such as graduation and leaving to go overseas had started with watching the sunrise. I couldn't find any pictures from that 2011 but I was able to find at least one picture for the last decade of birthdays:


The rest of the day was filled with joys. Starting our crazy breakfast of Birthday Timbits cereal. It tasted exactly how you would expect, Alex said it best, "it's like someone made cotton candy crunchy." I did some reading, watched some cosplay tutorial videos, had a nap, worked on my new birthday challenge list, had another nap, and enjoyed reading all the Facebook well wishes. 
 
 

At four we had an special virtual (thanks lockdown) ballroom dance lesson. Our wonderful instructor knew it was to celebrate my birthday and found different arrangements of "Happy Birthday" to dance many of the styles of dance we are learning. There was swing, tango, Viennese waltz, and a rumba. Then I had a nice surprise of a game we backed on Kickstarter arrived in the afternoon. Supper was a Chinese takeout and angel food cake. We ended the night with our regular online D&D game and a walk around the block. We just started two new walking challenges that I will explain in my next post "The BIG 40 While 40" birthday challenge list.

Comments