October's "Half Way There" Look at the 40 While 40

I can't believe we're already half way through the year. Since the last update, back in July, we have settled into our new place, many renovations have been completed, and travelled to Nova Scotia for a wedding. In the midst of all of these events I've been working on the 40 While 40.

Challenge Legend:
Black =have not started
Green =just started or have a plan
Blue =in progress and success is possible
Purple =VICTORY!

1. Go on a Spiritual Retreat.
There is a one day prayer retreat the church leadership is holding next month. I still think I want to have an away retreat in the early new year.

2. Practice Sabbath Keeping 40 times.
We have had 23 days of Sabbath keeping this year. Our day of rest was split between the Saturday and the Sunday for the first ten but the past few months it has been focused almost solely on the Sunday. 

3. Finish reading through the Bible.
I have 148 days left to read.

4. Write 40 sermons/sermon outlines.
I've had the privilege of preaching five times this year. It does mean that I will need to start working on the notes for the remaining 35 messages.

5. Memorize 40 new Scripture verses.
I have memorized 11 new verses since my birthday.

6. Master the Charleston dance.
I haven't worked on the the dance since June. I have plans to add daily dance to the third phase of the 15 week challenge.

7. Walk to Lothlorien (virtually with the Walk to Mordor app).
We have made it to Rivendell. The next big milestone "Doors of Moria" (only 508.43 km away) with a seven smaller stops before hand. For the big goal of Lothlorien, we are 56.38% of the way (600.16 km to go). 

8. Walk a virtual walk of the Cabot Trail.
We have finished the 299.4km goal on July 28! And finished the Ring of Kerry and are now working on North Coast walk of Scotland. 

9. Complete a virtual Mount Fuji climb.
We are going to be starting the Fuji climb in December.

10. Go on a 15km+ Hike.
We're planning to visit a provincial park in November for this big hike.

11. Reach my XBX level. (Which is Level 22)
I'm on level three. I'm going through them as part of the 15 week challenge. If I don't have any set backs I should reach my final goal in January.

12. Sleep in a tent or under the stars and/or take a road trip someplace Alex and I have never been.
We went to camping in Fort Frances. It was a three day road trip there with seven days of tenting and a four day road trip back. We also visited seven provincial parks along the way.

13. Read 40 Books.  
I have finished 18 books. For being the half way through the year I am feeling behind on the reading. Saving grace I have four books on the go at the moment.

14. Make a Dopa menu.
I have done more research, rewatched the original How to ADHD video that inspired this goal. And I've played with menu templates in Canva.

15. Make Origami Animals.
We made origami foxes. There were no new animals this month but for our paper anniversary I bought Alex an book on origami animals.

16. Colour in my giant colouring book.
Did some colouring this month.

17. Work on my many scrapbook projects.

18. Send out Thank you cards.
Hoping to send out the cards before December 2.

19. Create a Christmas Card mailing list and SEND cards.
I should get to work on this.

20. Host a Twelfth night party

21. Create a Year of Memories using 1 second video.
Still taking videos but I have been lack in putting them into the app since July. 

22. Make the “Curse Breaker” sword from Onward.
This might be a winter project.

23. Complete one new cosplay.
I have picked up white makeup pot to lighten the blue, the ears have arrived, and black leggings. Construction and other props will wait till after Christmas. One thing left to pick up is a knit sweater which I have not found at any shop or thrift store. The hunt continues.

24. Try contact lens.

25. Try all of Baskin Robins Flavours of the Month.
August, September and October's flavours has been tried. Six tasted six to go.

26. Stream Zelda Windwaker on Twitch.
We finished Winderwaker. It was very fun so I have kept streaming. At the moment I'm working through Pikmin 2. 

27. Journal Everyday.
The writing has continued. Still enjoying the journal.

28. Make a gnome home.
The location I had planned isn't going to work for a gnome home. The stump of the dead tree wasn't as dead as thought. A number of chutes have made seeing the stump almost impossible. BUT I do have a new location idea.

29. Sew a dress or a circle skirt.
I have found some free patterns. I need to print the patterns and wash the fabric.

30. Paint the Humblewood miniatures.
We have the minis, the paints, and the brushes. And they have been primed.

31. Make a D&D character journal/binder.
I've already used my new binder to hold my magic cards. I have slowly making information pages. I'm hoping the have the character sheets and everything finished before Christmas.

32. GM at a convention.
I am registered for a game convention that will hopefully happen in March 2022.

33. Play 40 different board games.
We have played 32 different board since my birthday.  

34. Complete all the Escape quests.
We have completed six challenges.

35. Finish Season One of Pandemic Legacy.
Probably going to start playing again after November.

36. Truly participate in NaNoWriMo 2021.
November is right around the corner. I have an introduction in mind but nothing beyond that. It is going to be a wild month of making things up.

37. Try a Capsule Wardrobe for 40 Days.
I'm going to try an Autumn wardrobe from November 1st till December 10th. I have been making preparations the past few weeks. I have a list of clothes from my own wardrobe that will be the base and have been visiting thrift stores to fill in most of the difference. There are a few gaps still, mostly skirts and dresses. 

38. Finish the Sweater.
I cast off the ribbing on the main body and have now started working on the sleeves.

39. Finish the Dice Bags.
I'm going to have these done before Christmas.

The Bonus/Back-Up Challenges:
Disneybound five times: Two outfits done: Moana and Ariel.
Have an picnic outdoors: Alex and I had a number of picnics this summer. It was delightful.
Take care of my purple wig
Marie Kondo my stuff
Make a flower crown

Half-Way Thoughts:
1) Wow! Time is flying. I'm 40 and half and time is ticking on the challenges. I am feeling the pressure. There has been good progress but at the same time there is only six months to go. Can I finish?
2) 8% are complete. That is great. I was hoping to have more done but I also realize a lot of my challenges are longer or all year goals.
3) Looking forward to the next month.


Comments