Week 1 of 15 Review

Week one is over! If you missed it last Monday I began a personal wellness challenge. Here's a quick reminder of the weekly goals:

What I Am Doing?

  • Drink 4 "little mermaid" cups worth of water (about a half gallon)
  • Do an XBX workout
  • 8000 Steps
  • Meet the Noom food budget without going over the red foods
  • Read two pages from a physical book
  • On Mondays take a progress photo and post an update on this blog.
This being a Monday, it is time for the weekly update and promised progress pictures. Do you think I should have a comparison picture? I already feel some changes but I wonder if they are noticeable to others yet. Maybe I could do a comparison at five weeks?

Week One Review

The first week was a happy success. Monday-Saturday all goals were met and even with Sunday being my rest day, I still keep my food, water, and reading goals. 

The first few days were almost easy fueled by motivation and the joys of each consecutive completion. Monday's struggle was leaving the last three glasses of water till after 6:00 pm. I woke up a few times during the night and quickly learned to pace my drinking throughout the day. Tuesday and Wednesday were both fairly smooth. 

By Thursday the motivation began to wain. The rest of the week meeting the goals seemed harder; especially making the 8,000 steps. I've found that a simple walk around my neighbourhood is not enough. To succeed it takes a second walk, which often happens in the dark. I don't think I would have gone out again without Alex. He'd join me for all my walks and the shared time helped me meet all the goals, even on the days I didn't want to finish.

Looking Ahead:

I'm happy to keep going. I've moved onto level 3 of XBX. But this coming week is going to have some challenges. Saturday I woke with a deep cough. Sunday I stayed home from church and went for a Covid-19 test. The results came back negative today, which is happy, but I still spent most of my day in bed. I think this cough is going to effect this coming week's progress. I am going to go at my own pace. I might mean setting lower challenges till I feel 100% again. I could only handle a simple walk this evening (no where near the 8000 steps). But that is part of what this 15 weeks is about, learning moderation and sustainability, listening to my body, and resting when I need it. And rest is what I needed today.

Comments

Justine said…
Hmm. I may be inspired. I definitely need to do SOMETHING to get into a productive routine again. *think emoji*