Week 7 of 15 Review

Seventh week is in the bag. I am not sure it was a successful week. There were areas that were great like meeting the new goals and keeping within my food goals. But my mood has been discouraged.

What I Am Doing?

  • Drink 4 "little mermaid" cups worth of water (about a half gallon)
  • Do an XBX workout
  • NEW 9,000 Steps
  • Meet the Noom food budget without going over the red foods
  • NEW read the daily Noom articles
  • Read two pages from a physical book
  • NEW reflect on victories at the end of each day
  • On Mondays take a progress photo and post an update on this blog.

Week Seven Review:

I ended last week's review section talking about my watch miss counting my steps. The mistake continued till Saturday. I don't know how over the steps were but I was able to "meet" the 9,000 steps during the week because of the glitch with minimal effort. Thankfully the issues was solved Saturday. It just happened to be a day we were playing games with friends and I didn't come close to the walking goal.

The big challenge was water. I only finished the half gallon twice. Most days I complete three of the four glasses. I've decided if its close to bed and I still need one more that it is not worth interrupting my sleep for a check mark on my tracker. Also, I find that I am still having water from other sources such as herbal tea, soups, and fruits. 



Looking Ahead:

I'm realizing Mondays are hard for me; stay in bed and cry sort of not good. I think it is an emotional crash after the weekend. Even when the day starts well I have a dip at some point. It has been rough and I am more likely to say the worst things to myself about myself.

Also, I've been taking Sundays off the challenge as a day of rest. I still track my food for Noom, drink water, monitor my steps without being concerned about meeting the exact rules. It is nice to give myself the time but I'm finding getting back into the challenge a fight. I am discouraged, saying things to myself like, "this is pointless" or "why bother." I forget to keep up with the tracking throughout the day. As an example I only drank one glass of water. Not sure how to avoid this without giving up my Sunday. 

The positive reflections do help at the days end to reset my thinking. I am also starting each day listing things I'm thankful for from the day before. It does help with setting the day. Yet there is still an emotional dip after lunch.

Something else I'm thinking of is the challenges for the next phase. I'm thinking adding a dance challenge and maybe something with flexibility. I'm half way to the end with this week, so I'm also thinking about what I am going to do after the 15 Weeks are over. I am hoping most of the tasks will develop into real habits. I think I will need to be intentional about the walking and any workout. I know I want to stick with Noom to the end of the lessons. And Alex and I have talked about trying the keto diet for Lent. 

Comments