Speechless

I seem to be suffering from a serious bout of writer’s block, or something of that nature. Over the past two months every time I’ve sat down to write my mind goes blank. Blank mind = no blogging. It is not that I don’t have any thoughts. I’ve been contemplating a few different issues like Christian community, temptation, and art of eating of sushi. I would love to share my thoughts and hear others opinions. But as soon as I sit in front of the computer everything goes to goo. I’ve tried to type nothing seems to fit or sound right, (again it all turns to goo). It is frustrating. I am sure not just for me. You the readers have had to put up with the dull news about my fish and reading habits, which are okay subjects when mixed with other stuff. But a steady diet of just that is not stew –its pathetic.

My question to you: “how does one get over writer’s block?”

Comments

Robin said…
Jen's suggestions are good. Sometimes you just have to start writing even if you don't feel like, and the ideas just start flowing. Or maybe you need to write stuff down as soon as you think of it, even if you're not online or near a computer - write when the inspiration hits. Then, just copy it into Blogger later. Just ideas.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, writer's block is rough. But Whiteys' suggestion has merit. Carry a notebook and pen around with you, and whenever something hits you, jot it down. It's okay if you think it sounds stupid, nobody but you will ever see this notebook. Then later, you can look at it with a more discerning eye, and you'll find you have more to write about than you thought you did.