A Very Merry July Unbirthday:

It’s time for another Challenge 25 update:

Not doing very well with the half marathon training. Woke up one day to go for a run…then hit snooze. (#5)
Made an apple pie with the kindergarten class used a new crust recipe. Also different friends introduced me to the world of Japanese tempura (thanks Yoko), sushi (thanks Sayoko), and okonomiyaki (thanks Noriko). (#6)
We had a lesson on kites and I was so excited to go out and fly one…only Hideki couldn’t find the schools in the storage closet. So it was a no go. (#7)
Told all three Pogo stories to my class, showed me I was out of practice and sort of started writing a new one about kites. (#13)
Finished one drawing, started another and did two character studies. (#14)
Passage of focus was 2 Tim 1:7 (#8)
Had two interesting talks about God. The first started as a conversation about missionaries, which lead the friend ask what does "grace" mean. Used the bridge illustration to explain. She ended saying that she had never heard this before and had to think about it. The other was about the Bible and its importance to life. My friend’s conclusion was that it is treasure for all people. (#23)

Total Challenges finished: Three –only twenty-two to go.

Comments

matthew said…
i like those conversations
snooze is very popular in my life right now too
Elizabeth said…
I hoped you would, Thanks.
It's an adaptation of a Totoro sence.