I dream in 1,667 words

The wait is over, November is here, and the words have begun to fly. It is time again for NaNoWriMo but what is NaNoWriMo? I am glad you asked:

Every November, tens of thousands of people take on NaNoWriMo’s challenge of writing a 50,000-word novel in thirty days. It’s an anti-contest writing contest, where the judges are missing, the prizes are lousy, and writers and non-writers alike have the time of their lives bashing out surprisingly unhorrible books in an absurdly short amount of time. –A NaNoWriMo Poster
This is my third year participating and first time as a municipal liaisons (which means I organize the local chapter of nano writers, plan writing events, and a post contest party). Hopefully this year will also bring about my third nano win. If you're interested in joining the fun there is still time to sign-up just visit the website.

At the moment I am focusing on meeting the daily word goal of 1667 and attempting a personal daily goal of 2000 words. So far I've meet those goals two days in a row. I did a happy dance to celebrate and then remember there are still 45,998 words to put into some coherent order.

Word Count: 4002

Comments