Mark Of The Beast and Other Marks

Tonight, while in the editing function of blogger, I realized that my previous post (Dealing With Loss) was my six hundred and sixty-sixth post. That’s right; the last post was number 666 – the mark of the beast. So I have concluded that Matthew was indeed correct in his “Pin The Tail On The Anti-Christ” series (it is from “way back” in 2005, what a fun series).
The Anti-Christ is indeed suspect number 3 –Bill Gates.*

More noteworthy, yesterday was To Write Love On Her Arm Day. I participated:
From the Facebook Page:

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
To Write Love On Her Arms Day is a day where anyone can write the words love on their arms, to support those who are fighting against depression and those who are trying to recovering. On this day, just write love on your arms,and show it off, other people will ask why you have love written on your arms,and you tell them you are supporting to write love on her arms day, and how its benefiting a nonprofit organization helping stop depression, and make love the movement ♥

Writing the word love on your arm isn’t an earth shaking world change (even when done with a permanent marker) but small acts can have surprising impact. 25,497 pictures have been uploaded to the event page. Not all of them were of arms with “love” but they are the majority are. Participating gave me the opportunity to talk with a number of people mostly parents of adolescences of the struggles many youth face in regards to self-injury, addiction, depression, and suicide.

* For those with no sense of humour or believe me to be without a sense of humour I am kidding and the fact that I feel the need to state that I am kidding may in fact prove that I have no (or little) humour in me.

Comments