The Simple Woman Daybook 172


FOR TODAY: April 18, 2016  and part of yesterday I actually stated this yesterday but didn't get it all finished...
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window...Spring sunshine.

I am thinking... I've been thinking about forgiveness and friendship and the joys of life. The sermon this morning on forgiveness was beautiful, transformative, and deeply applicable. I then had the most wonderful brunch with a friend who let me share all my experiences and thoughts gleaned from my new group study and the following sermon of forgiveness. Good times.

I am thankful... that my Dad introduced me to good music.

I am wearing... a black and while polka-dotted dress with a pop of yellow from a sunshine yellow tank top.

I am creating... two Jayne Cobb hats.

I am reading... Forgiveness by Adam Hamilton

I am geeking out... on more comics. I've added Spider-Gwen, Spider-Women (an 8 issue crossover between Spider-Woman, Sider-Gwen, and Silk), and now Aquaman. And before anyone harasses me about Aquaman being a dumb hero that can only talk to fish...just don't you're wrong.

I am playing... Upon a Fable and Firefly.

One of my favorite things... brunch.

In my kitchen... well, more in a kitchen... last week I took a cooking class with my friend Duane. We helped create a medieval feast. I am sorry by I don't remember the names for anything except the mixed vegetable dish which was called "compost". Duane, if you read this, a little help?

 
 
This last thing is "gingerbread" it was my biggest contribution to the preparation. It was bread crumbs, honey, cinnionion, and a bit of ginger. It's mush together till it can fold a shape. Then smushed into the tray and left to sit. No cooking need; that's my skill level.

Verse of the week... Isaiah 1:17-18 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow.
18 ‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’
    says the Lord.
‘Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

Art for the week:...I said I was going to share what I was drawing and it just hasn't happened so for now it's going to be part of the Simple Woman posts:




Song of the Week:...


A few plans for the rest of the week:... I'm in the city tomorrow. Wednesday has become my favourite day; it's new comics (and other items like board games and figures) day at the shop. My Thursday study group that was looking at the Lord's prayer during Lent has decided to continue. We're looking at the second chapter of the Forgiveness book (see the I'm reading section above.) Then Sunday a few friends are taking me to the city for an early birthday present. We're going to a board game café and I've requested a trip to a frozen yogurt place.

A few pictures to share:...the first is from Easter sunrise service. The second I was missing my sister. The picture is from my visit home last September.




Comments