The Simple Woman Daybook 173


FOR TODAY: April 24, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window...darkness; it's actually 1 am. I just got home from a day in the city. Two friends took me to a board game cafe as an early birthday gift. We were there from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm followed by a fruitless search for fro-yo.

I am thinking... about superheroes. We had the most geeky of discussions the entire dive back.

I am thankful... Nova Scotia.

I am wearing... black pants, grey sweater over a purple argyle sweater over a purple tank top with my Twilight Sparkle scarf. 

I am creating... two Jayne Cobb hats, both have been knitted and just require me to make the pom poms.

I am reading... Forgiveness by Adam Hamilton

I am geeking out... on the Librarians. It is so much fun! It is a franchise that is currently preparing for the shows third season (I can't wait!). I've seen season 1 and 2 and loved them so much I recommended it to good friends, who did some research. The Librarians began as a made for TV movie called The Librarian: Quest for the Spear with Noah Wyle (Dr. Carter from ER) in 2004. They then made The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines and The Librarian: The Curse of the Judas Chalice. After three months of search I have a borrowed copy of each of the movies (they are extremely hard to track down...I would love these for Christmas). We had a big movie night Friday and watched the first one. I can't wait to watch the rest!

We played... Stone Age, Firefly: Out of the Black, Firefly: the game, Five Tribes, Concept, and Dixit, yesterday.

One of my favorite things... friends.

Verse of the week... Matthew 6:14 New International Version

"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."

Song of the Week:...



A few plans for the rest of the week:... Monday I have plans to be productive, Tuesday is birthday celebrations starting with seeing the sunrise and ending in an epic, all expansions included, five player game of Firefly. Wednesday is new comic book day. I am following the Spider-Women story so I am excited for the next issue. Thursday is a house chores day. And Friday I am packing for Mark East, the spiritual retreat I went on last year.

A few pictures to share:...On Tuesday I had a very early morning and a big trip to the city. It was a glorious day full of joy and joyfulness.

Jen took me to a beach where there was jumping and dancing and a jellyfish rescue which lead me to walking around barefoot.


And Aquaman comic!!!

Comments