The Simple Woman Daybook 179


FOR TODAY: August 7, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window... Dad's flower garden and dusk

I am thinking... about pacifism

I am thankful... for adventures and GPS

I am wearing... navy shorts and a grey tee.

I am creating... a friendship bracelet for my sister 

I am reading
... the same things I've been reading for weeks. I also "read" three audio books on my travels. The current books: Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus, I am loving this book. The Rhythm of Prayer: A Forty Day ExperienceThe Books of the Bible, and The Amazing Spider-Man: Edge of Spider-Verse

I am watching... The Pretender with Mom and the 90s X-Men on Netflix

I am geeking out... on comics. Last week while in NS I pick up three months worth of comics. So much fun catching up on stories. Working really hard not to add more titles...I going to add more titles.

I played... a new game about deep sea diving and Hobbit Love Letter


One of my favorite things... this woman

Verse of the week... Psalm 27:14 (NIV)
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.
Song of the Week:...


In the Kitchen... I cooked my first zucchini from my garden! I've also been trying kale chips with kale from my garden. So far there have been two attempts and I am going to continue working on the recipe.

From the Garden:... its green!
 
The garden is happy in spite of the drought conditions. Mom and Dad ate the first tomato while I way away, I've had harvested the spinach and some lettuce. And of course the previously mentioned zucchini and kale were delicious. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:... tomorrow night I am volunteering with the church's outreach team to hand out water at a soccer game. Tuesday I am watching Liam and checking out one of the "near by" comic stores. It's only 45 min away (this is one of the reasons I miss NS). I am not sure what the rest of the week looks like

Happening On The Blog:... there will the be the regular series: Daily Salad and Thankful Thursday. Wednesday Art is still on holiday till September. There will be two movie reviews, Star Trek, watched last Tuesday and Suicide Squad, which I'm seeing this Tuesday. I also want to write a conclusion to the vegan challenge and something about my garden.

A few pictures to share:... from the Herman Edger the Gnome's adventures
 
 

Comments