Thankful Thursday #229

After a three month absence from blogging there are a plethora* of topics and articles to choose for this return; anything from a general life update to any one of the dozens of movie reviews I have waiting to be edited. I'm going with a blog staple, Thankful Thursday, because it always seems to put life and it worries and concerns into perspective.

There are situations that can unnerve me for a time, causing deep anxiety, sleepless nights, and analyse paralyse. In the face of these "storms of life" Counting my blessing resets my thinking and helps me say, "God is good in spite of the storm, it is well with my soul." I am reminded of that God is bigger than any situation.  Also, it shows me I am very blessed.

This month I've been thankful for...

1) … fireworks. Fireworks are always a joy
2) … TV night
3) … walks and talks with my Mum
4) … successful planning
5) … the volunteers, youth helpers, and people who helped make last week's all-day VBS day camp a success
6) … the provisions that allowed me to flight to Nova Scotia and the people who provided those provisions
7) … Nova Scotia, the whole province, I love it. It is God's country
8) … friends who pick me up from the airport
9) … the Wolfville market
10) … successful surprising of Nova Scotian friends
11) … Dr Horrible
12) … the large table at Paddy's
13) … the conversations and laughter I've enjoyed at the large table at Paddy's
14) … those who gave me a place to sleep this past weekend
15) … King's Presbyterian Church in New Minas
16) … the Branch Crew
17) … live outdoor music concerts
19) … the ocean, even when the tide is going out
20) … Nova Scotia ice cream
21) … late night games and giggles
22) … naps
23) … adventures to Halls Harbour
24) … hugs, so many perfect hugs
25) … my peoples. I love them

*My high school English teacher would be proud to see me using one of his $10 vocabulary words.

Comments