Wednesday Weekly Art #7

A few weeks ago I splurged at Michaels. I had gone with the intent of only shop for the church's day camp. My final purchases included a watercolour sketchbook, a travel size watercolour kit, and three art books.

With my new supplies I'm starting a new creative chapter in my life. Most of my works in high school were pencils or charcoal. The few paintings I did were acrylic or oil. I haven't really attempted any watercolour but I have always loved the medium.

I'm trying to play around with the new paints every day. The first picture is a sample of the pallet and the official colour names. The next three images were practices of washes, gradients, and different levels of transparency.

 

 
Then tonight, I attempted to follow a beginner tutorial on Youtube by Katie Jobling. It is really rough and not how I hoped it would turn out. It like it a bit more in person that the picture below. At least I can still improve...with time and practice.


Lastly, I finished my second pair of socks. The first was made over ten years ago so this feels like a monumental accomplishment. They were knit two at a time, toe up (for those who know and care about that sort of detail). I started them last October and then put them on hiatus while I made Christmas gifts. I recently picked them back up after attending a local knitting group.

Yay socks!
 

Comments