Wednesday Weekly Art #12

First, I've started a pair of socks I promised Mum last Christmas.
These will be socks someday. Right now they are just eight rows in. The biggest victory, this pair only took five cast-ons. Projects normally take many more false-starts for me to get into knitting.

Next, an apology: if you stopped by last week for Wednesday Weekly Art, there was none. You already know that. I am sorry. I just didn't art. Sister let me try Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I loved it. I was going to play for an hour and then paint. Four hours later it was bed time and there was no art (but I was ready to leave the Great Plateau). And now for the new art:

Today I was watching art YouTuber, makoccino, she has a number of great videos for beginners. After about four, maybe five videos I decided I would try this technique:

 

This was my first attempt. I actually tried to wait for the layers to dry. I even pulled out my craft heat gun (not awesome as that sounds). I liked the process but wasn't really loving my leaves. So I decided that I would go even simpler for the next attempt.

For some reason my phone auto flipped both of these landscaped pictures. I painted in landscape and think both look better in landscape. Maybe not better but different. It is interesting how perspectives can changes pieces. Anyways, here is the piece I am most happy with:

Comments