Week 4 of 15 Review

Week four complete.

This is about the time most of my pervious health challenges wrap up. Instead I have eleven more weeks to go. This is going to be a long journey. 

What I Am Doing?

  • Drink 4 "little mermaid" cups worth of water (about a half gallon)
  • Do an XBX workout
  • 8000 Steps
  • Meet the Noom food budget without going over the red foods
  • Read two pages from a physical book
  • On Mondays take a progress photo and post an update on this blog.

Week Four Review

My motivation fluctuated throughout the week. The walking was the easiest challenge. I downloaded the new Pikmin Bloom game and have been surpassing 10,000 steps a day. The most challenging was the eating within the Noom program. Three days I did not meet this goal.

Tuesday I went to a cute café with a colleague. The sandwich I ordered and ate before checking if it was red. It was red and 700+ calories. It tipped me over my reds even though my overall calories were not done. I didn't feel like it was the end of the world. Friday night we were out with family and every meal there was red foods plus a supper that was amazing but all red. It was my first time being over my calorie count since I started the 15 weeks. I followed it up the next day with another too high calorie day, I didn't go over on the red food just ate too much. Alex and I had gone out for a special all you can eat sushi date night. Thankfully sushi is a yellow food. I also realized my overeating is less than it use to be. I ate about the calories I use to average before the 15 weeks and I felt stuffed. It was unpleasant, which I think of as a second win, learning I don't really need as much as I use too. There is progress even when I am "failing".

  

Looking Ahead:

It's the last week of the first phase. Next week things are going to go up in challenge. I'm thinking adding the Noom reading and increasing the step goal. I'll be thinking about it this week and make the changes next Monday.

I started level 9 of XBX today. The workout continues increase in difficulty. I've been going up a level every three days but I think when I move to chart 2 (level 13) I'm going to have to take a whole week to adjust. 

Comments