Introducing The 42 While 42 Birthday Challenge

It's been five months since my 42nd birthday. Even with the lack of blogging the past 17 months I have been keeping up with my tradition of setting challenges for each birthday year.

This year the challenge is 42 While 42. The goal is to complete as many of the following 42 goals by 11:59 on the eve of my birthday, April 25, 2024.


New Adventures:

1. Live somewhere new

2. Lead a group inductive Bible Study

3. Survive Hebrew Expository 1 (Fall 2023)

4. Survive Hebrew Expository 2 (Winter 2024)

5. Translate Ruth from Hebrew into English

6. Continue Sabbath keeping

7. Be thankful

8. Keep up with my 5 year journal

9. Explore a new city

10. Cosplay with Alex

11. Try a new experience

12. Prepare a ballroom floor show

13. Going mini golfing

14. Visit a zoo or aquarium

15. Sew a dress

Seasonal Adventures:

Spring

16. Celebrate Happy Duck Day (March 25th)

17. Paint Easter eggs

18. Hike a new trail

19. Attend the Tulip Festive

20. Visit an outdoor farmer’s market

Summer

21. Picnic in a park

22. Visit a new provincial park

23. Go on a boat ride

24. Watch fireworks

25. Run last Day Camp (VBS)

Autumn

26. Decorate for autumn

27. Host Thanksgiving

28. Watch Over the Garden Wall

29. Have an autumnal adventure

30. Go on a ghost walk or tour

Winter

31. Send Christmas Cards

32. Attend the Nutcracker Ballet

33. Go Christmas Caroling

34. Make a hearty winter soup

35. Participate in an outdoor winter sport

Missed Adventures:

My first birthday challenge was created in 2006. I find the whole process a lot of fun from dreaming up the list of challenges to celebrating a completed goals. These challenges have enabled me to finish a number of things I've wanted try but probably never would have without a deadline and the month updates that kept ideas in front of me. 

However, I have never complete all the challenges in a year. There are always things I just did not get to or situations made it impossible. Often my budget did not allow for the activity. The following seven spaces have been intentionally left blank. I am going to use them to complete any of those forgotten challenges that still interest me:  

36. ?

37. ?

38. ?

39. ?

40. ?

41. ?

42. ?

Comments