Thankful Thursday #262

It has been awhile, well over a year. I have missed this space. I have missed writing. In the last three months I have had numerous ideas swirling around in my head, threads of thoughts that would have been interesting to weave into complete ideas. I never sat down to write. I had this internal pressure to explain why the long absence first. And I had no motivation to write that story yet. 

Today, on my walk to the church, I made a decision to just post something, anything, and I realized it is a Thursday. It is a perfect time to return with one of the core series, Thankful Thursday. My very first Thankful Thursday posted January 25, 2007. Over the years I have reset the numbering system a few times. When they are all counted this will be my 262nd post in the series. A life summary of the past year may come before the end of the month but for today I choose to be thankful.

I am thankful for...

  1. fresh starts and new ideas.
  2. the beautiful walk to the church each day.
  3. the lovely trees along the way and the shade they provide.
  4. warm drinks and pumpkin spice.
  5. being invited to a pastoral prayer network in my new city.
  6. Bayridge Alliance Church that loaned my church their baptismal tank.
  7. that someone in my church had a truck and was willing to help transport the tank.
  8. Pastor Matt from another church who came to help me set the tank (I would not have been able to set it up myself).
  9. for kitty cuddles.
  10. my study group.

I hope to write more over this coming week; if not I'll be back next week with more things I am thankful for.

Comments