Ruth Translation: Ruth 4:2-4:10

Hello Friends and Faithful Readers,

It has been week and few days without any new Ruth verses. I had fully planned to be done this project last Wednesday. We had a number of very late nights, Christmas preparation commitments, and another paper to work on. I've been working on the translations but the act of blogging was one extra step. I hope to have the remaining 21 verses up over the next week or so. My attention is currently divided between this, a finial paper and advent so we shall see.

Ruth 4:2
Then he took ten men from the elders of the city and he said, "sit here." And they sat down.

Ruth 4:3
And then he said to the redeemer, "The portion of the field that is our brother Elimelech is being sold by Naomi who has returned from the land of Moab."

Ruth 4:4
And I said I should inform you saying to you and the elders of my people, if you will redeem, then redeem. If he will not redeem tell me so I know, for there is non except you to redeem, and I am after you." He said, "I myself will redeem it."

Ruth 4:5
And Boaz said, "On the day that you buy the field from Naomi, you also acquire Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead to raise up a name for the dead for his inheritance."

Ruth 4:6
And the redeemer said, "I am not able to redeem if for myself, lest I ruin my inheritance. You take my right of redemption, for I am not able to redeem it."
Ruth 4:7
Now in former times in Israel, for redemption and exchanging, to establish anything a man would take off his sandal and would give it to his neighbour and this was the testimony in Israel.

Ruth 4:8
And the redeemer said to Boaz, "You but it." And he removed his sandal.

Ruth 4:9
And Boaz said to the elders and all the people, "You witness today that I have bough all that was Elimelech, Chilion, and Mahlon from Naomi.

Ruth 4:10
And also Ruth the Moabitess, wife of Mahlon. I have acquired to be my wife to establish the name of the dead for his inheritance and so that the name of the dead is not cut off from his brothers and from the gate of his place. You are witnesses today." 

Comments