Faith vs Truth?

Saw an episode of Crossing Jordan tonight, all the cases and themes centered around faith, miracles and the unexplained. Near the end these two Dr guys (don’t know anyone’s name on the show). They just figured out a dead man was not Elvis, yet his wife believe. Sounds funny cause it was. But this is their conversation:

“Should we tell her”
“No, no, I don’t think so”
“But she’s believing a lie”
“We all need something to believe in”


Seems faith these days faith is being explained as “hope in the face of lies”. I just can’t swallow that.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Melissa, so glad you have found a love for the Hobbit. Makes me smile cause its one of my favourite books.

About faith, its seems we are being encouraged to believe in lies if the "faith" makes us better. Makes truth relative and conditionally important "Truth only matters till it disagrees with me".
highboy said…
My wife and I just had a baby here at BBC. He's only 2 weeks old, but he is already responsive to my reading to him every night. I'm reading The Hobbit. He totally digs it.
Elizabeth said…
That's wonderful. Yeah for baby and reading to baby. I would not have a love for the Hobbit, Narnia or LOTRs if my parents hadn't read them to me first.

So Dad, Mom, if you are reading this thanks for everything. I love you both and miss you tons.

oh, and highboy do have we actually met or is this just through the bethany-blogger connection?