The Week

I took Bill back the airport yesterday. The house seems very quiet. I miss having a roommate. Family is good. We had a simple week of just hanging out, driving around, watching movies, and eating food. Had a few adventures on the way.

Thursdays are my busy day, just with youth that night. I love it but feel completely out of my element. This week on our way to the church we locked ourselves out of the house. Called the right people to see if they could come let me in. They were in a meeting and wouldn’t be out till after youth had started. So it was on to Plan B – Breaking and Entering 101: search for creative entrance points. Lessons learned: always know where your keys are and I fit through small windows.

Saturday we drove down to Lunenburg to go whale watching…. no whales were sighted. We did see some birds, seals, and a few porpoise. Still it was a good day out on the water. Continued on to Peggy’s Cove got some good pictures, avoided the seafood restaurants. I like having a living cousin.


After church and lunch on Sunday we went to my favourite place in the whole wide world, Port George. There is nothing there really but I find it wonderful. It was my first visit since I’ve been back in Canada. The tide was in but it was still beautiful.


This is the castle the boys and I made when I was in Hamilton during the road trip. You can't see it but there is also a shark in the indoor pool, a bridge to a slide, and a catapult. Only connection to this past week is Bill finially has his camera back :)

Comments

Steph said…
yay for fun times with family! I'm so glad you had such a great time!
Jo said…
fun! well, i suppose that's the good thing about having friends/family!
Anonymous said…
Yeah , you blogged. I'm in the process of uploading a lot of the pics I took from my trip to see you, with the camera I got back. http://www.stewart.jayparlar.com I should have them all up today or tomorrow.

B&E 101 was fun, sorry about locking you out of your house, just a week after the car incedent. I had a great time out there with you, the places you took me were very beautiful. I really hated being at work last night I wanted to be back in NS having fun with my cousin.

Hopefully I can come back and see you sometime in the future

Bill.
Heather Durkee said…
Your making me miss Nova Scotia! I thought I would never ever say that (that is for you Lynn). But I love my nova scotian!