Shopping, Movies, and Challenges

Went up (over, down, at? Not sure which preposition actually fits) to Halifax today to pick up some things for next weeks events. It was a very enjoyable trip, good discussion, we shoot and bagged everything on our list and a many things that weren’t. The problem with shopping, I find things I never new I wanted. Or maybe I knew I wanted but it was in my sub-conscious and seeing the sale price brings the thought to the forefront of my mind.

My most spontaneous was box set of four beloved British chick flicks (Notting Hill, About a Boy, Love Actually, and Bridget Jones 2). I was very happy with the purchase and want to have a girls night…only all my girls are either busy or away. So here I sit alone with no popcorn, friends, or movie watching. Yet as depressing as that sounds it’s been a good night -I own four movies I love and better still my mummy called.

We talked a little about everything. It was good. She asked me what challenges I am plotting for the new year. I think I’ve decided to do the NaMoWriMo in November. Finial thought: what would be the top five girlie movies of all time? Taking nominations all weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This was difficult to decide and I know I will think of something good I have missed later on.I am sending 15 movies(not necessary in order) in 3 catagories;
5 TEAR JERKERS
An Affair to Remember -1957
-Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr
Random Harvest - 1942
- Greer Garson, Ronald Colman
The World of Suzie Wong -1960
- William Holden, Nancy Kwan
Penny Serenade -1941
- Cary Grant, Irene Dunne
Gone with the Wind -1939
-Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh
5 ROMANTIC COMEDIES
The Philadelphia Story -1940
-Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant
Holiday -1938
-Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn
It Happened One Night -1934
-Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert
Desk Set -1957
-Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn
My Man Godfrey -1936
-William Powell, Carole Lombard
5 MORE RECENT MOVIES
Sense and Sensibility -1995
-Emma Thompson,Hugh Grant
A Walk in the Clouds -1995
-Keanu Reeves,Aitana Sanchez-Gijon
Notting Hill -1999
-Julia Roberts,Hugh Grant
You've Got Mail -1998
-Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks
Four Weddings and a Funeral -1994
-Hugh Grant, Andie MacDowell
Elizabeth said…
Aunt Penny, thanks for participating. I think I need to find a good movie place that rents older videos because sadly many of those I have never seen. But I agree with four of your resent movie picks.

And I nominate the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.