Living Heritage

Early yesterday morning as I was driving through Wolfville on my way to run with a friend (side-note: longest run yet! about 2km) I noticed an encampment on the Acadia lawn. There were people dress and living as if it was the 1700s.

On my way back home, after the run, I stopped to ask questions and see if they'd let me take pictures. It was a group of reenactors living as if it was the 17050s. They were very friendly and let me take a number of photos. They were part of a "planters conference" happening this weekend and were the visual element. It was really neat. They travel to different communities all summer.








Comments

Jecca said…
This makes my heart SO SO happy! You must go to Kings Landing....absolute heaven :)
Anonymous said…
Damn. I missed all of the Planters events. My NaNoWriMo novel is about living AS IF in the 1700-1800's.

Maybe I should go to Kings Landing? Is there any other place - closer? Is there any sort of Planters Museum that is open this summer for a while yet?

Grumble, grumble.
Jane(y)
jandhj2@yahoo.ca