Design Project For Children's Ministry

A chunk of my day was spent working on the updating the children's ministry website for the summer programs. Actually, the time was devoted to making a banner header for the page. I am using GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP).

I'm still just learning to use GIMP, what all the tools are and how to make those tools do what I want. It's been all self taught with MUCH help from youtube tutorial videos and trial and error. And this is what I came up with:
The New Hope Kids logo is something I've been working on for a while.The castle image is from Group's Kingdom Rock clip art, you can see the original here. I had to do some flipping and adding to get landscape to cover the whole banner. This is how it looks on the webpage:

In someways I feel I have little to show for the day. I have a snazzy banner but no content on the site. That will be tomorrow's task. In other ways I am pleased as punch with how well the banner turned out. I am happy with it but I wonder if it still need something, maybe more words. I've been considering "adventure awaits you this summer" or something like that.What do you think? Any suggestions?



Comments