January Birthday Bucket List Check In

Three months left on this year's Birthday Bucket List  challenge.

If you haven't seen it before, on my birthday I set a number of goals for the year. This year it is "35 While 35;" the challenges are divided into seven areas, spiritual, relationships, adventure, hobbies, culture, health, and second chances.

The Key
plain text = not started
green text = started
purple text = completed

Spiritual
1) Choose My One Word for 2017
My word is "with"

2) Read the New Testament
I'm in Mark, which sounds like I'm not that far but since the Bible I'm using has a different order.

3) Explore Contemplative Spirituality
I've attending three conference type events, read two books, and participated in a six week small group discussion. It has not been exhaustive but it has been a good exploratory start.

4) A Day of Silence

5) Be Thankful
I've been sporadically writing the Thankful Thursdays which helped, the real change has been this year I have a 1000 Thankful Moments in my bullet journal.

Relationships
6) Time with My Dad

7) Friend Reunions
I got together with a friend from youth camp and I'm connecting with a few NS friends at the game con.

8) Attend a Family Reunion

9) Send Christmas Cards Happy New Year's Cards
Totally forgot...I think might try a "happy 2017" card

10) Go on a Date

Adventure
11) Take a Risk

12) Go on a Road Trip

13) Go Camping

14) Be Upside Down

15) Be Outside Canada

Hobbies
16) Try Something New
I've learned to crochet

17) Join a Club/Group
There are a few teens at my church who have suggested I start a table top games day.

18) Cosplay as a New/Different Character
I had a few plans...but the convention isn't it May. I thought it was earlier

19) Try Bullet Journalling

20) Create a 40 Before 40 Challenge List
It's started :)

Culture
21) Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site

22) See a Musical

23) Participate in a Reading Challenge 
My 2017 Reading Challenge list can be found here.

24) Go to a Ballet

25) Attend a Convention
I've registered for a board game convention happening in March!!!

Health
26) Be a Vegan for 40 Days

27) Keep a Food Journal

28) Complete a Pull Up
I haven't tried one since September :(

29) Dance
I've started a whole like challenge that includes moving or exercise everyday for 10 minutes. I've been attempting to dance everyday, sadly I'm a week in and have danced twice.

30) Run Walk 5 km
Sister and I did a fun "run" in the fall. I walked all but the first tiny bit. Right now that is what I can manage and that I will count as a win.

Second-Chance
31) Finally Paint This Canvas

32) Finish Four Children Stories

33) Make a Video

34) Draw More

35) Grow Something to Eat

Conclusion
20 challenges completed!

11 more are in progress.

This might be the best challenge year yet. The biggest issue for me is remembering to remember what is on the list. I am happy with this year's results thus far. As I say almost every year and maybe even every update, the challenge has encouraged me to do more than I would have without it.

Comments

AuroraLee said…
You're doing great!

"9) Send Christmas Cards Happy New Year's Cards
Totally forgot...I think might try a "happy 2017" card"

What about 'just' an 'I'm thinking of you' card? :)