Thankful Thursday #217

This was a good week. Not every moment was happy. There was sorrow of grieving with a friend who had a death in their family. There is the discovery of needing to write a number of essays in a short period of time. I was not always in the best head space. However, when I look back on each day, there were moments of joy, blessing, or rest.

It is hard to remember the light in the midst of darkness. It is a challenge to seek the good when I am stressed. Today, even with essays to write and other concerns I choose to be thankful for:

1) Sleep-in Days

2) My church family and our monthly prayer nights.

3) People that bring me tea or London Fogs.

4) Studio Ghibli on the big screen. A review should be up today or tomorrow.

5) Toddler's laughter. I helped a friend by taking her two-year-old to the park. The giggles going down the slide put much of my worries into perspective.

6) The people who have given insight and help writing these papers. They are theological in nature and I haven't written an essay like this in 12 years. My brain feels rusty (or just dumb) and the help has been greatly appreciated.

7) More toad and frog sightings. I don't know why, but it has be come one of the small things that makes me really happy

8) More Butterflies! And one was a monarch. No one else seemed impressed by this. I was.

9) Ian, who turned 9 today! And the awesome fun we had tonight celebrating his birthday.

Comments