Hebrew Translation: 1 Samuel 1:7-14

Happy Shrove or Pancake Tuesday!

I enjoyed a lovely pancake dinner before diving into Hebrew translation and other related homework. I'm going to watch the Princess and the Frog afterwards. 

Regular blogging has been challenging. It's not just school, church and other commitments are playing a role. I have also added daily music practice to my routines. For Christmas, Alex gave me ukulele lessons. I haven't played anything since high school band and even then I never felt like I did well. I love music but do not have natural skills. More about the musical journey in the future and so on with the translation. 

1 Samuel 1:7-14

And so it happened, year after year, from the time of her going up to the house of the Lord, she provoked her, and she wept and would not eat. 

And Elkanah, her husband, said to her, "Hannah why do you weep? And why do you not eat? And why is your heart ill? Am I not better to you than ten sons?"

And Hannah got up, after they ate and drank in Shiloh. Now Eli the priest was sitting on the seat by the doorpost of the temple of the Lord. And she was very distressed an prayed to the Lord, and wept greatly. And she vowed a vow, and said, "Lord of Hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your servant, and remember me, and not forget your servant, and give to your servant a child, than I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and a razor will not touch his head."

And she continued praying before the Lord, Eli was watching her mouth. How Hannah was speaking in her heart, only her lips were moving, and her voice was not heard, and Eli thought that she was drunk. 

And Eli said to her, "How long will you be drunk? Put away your wine."

Comments