On My Coffee Table

With the smallness of my apartment I am not sure the term "coffee table" applies, it more likely qualifies as an end table. And on that end table is a bowl of fruit and the books I am currently reading:

1) Run With The Horses by Eugene Peterson. I am about half way through the book and it’s been well worth reading. Peterson is refreshing, challenging, and provoking change in me. Every word and sentence has been fine-tuned making each paragraph have meaning and value. There has been no fluff or end to skim.

2) The Street Lawyer by John Grisham. Also about half way through. Its been enjoyable and hard to put down. Covers issues of the homeless and greed.

3) Captivating by Stasi and John Eldrgedge. This is my second through, this time I am going much slower. I am reading it with two friends and we’re sharing our thoughts and such on it. Our plan is to do go through a chapter a month. Should be done in December.

4) The Silmarilion by JRR Tolkin. I’ve started it three different time. I am determined to actually finish it this time. We’ll see how it goes.

I predict that The Street Lawyer will be finished first.

Comments

Xaven said…
I enjoyed the background stories that The Silmarilion provided, but it was a REALLY long read
Elizabeth said…
that's what I've found...long and boring.

oh, and i finished the street lawyer last night. i liked it.