A Painted House

Finished John Grisham’s "A Painted House" last week, good book. I do recommend it, to those who read fiction at least. It’s the type of book that I will be pondering for a while. Issues of poverty, purpose, and position were touched on, as well as gossip and judging others. In the quiet before sleep, I find my self thinking over the events of the book trying to sort them out and connect them to my own experiences. I seem to do this with most Grisham books I read.

This particular story is written for the perspective of a seven-year old boy, Luke Chandler, living in the summer of 52. The things that made me smile-laugh-and shake my head all at the same time were Luke’s comments on the Baptist church his family attended and "Christian" love in the community. I miss seeing the world through a child’s eyes. It was refreshing.

Comments

Sarah Gomez said…
Jeremiah just read this book and recommends it to me, but I have not had the chance to read it yet - will get on that soon :)
Jo said…
GREAT pick Elizabeth! I really enjoyed this book above and beyond all other Grisham books.