Chicken Soup and Settlers

It’s flu and cold season again. I've been semi-confined to my place this yesterday and today, nothing serious just ick and dizzy. Under the self-imposed quarantine I had hoped to have great success in finishing a few projects around the apartment. One of the more major ones…unpacking. It’s been four months and there are still boxes I haven’t even opened. It was a less then productive weekend, unless you count watching many episodes of Stargate Atlantis. Highlight of the whole experience living on Canada Dry.

I was still healthy Friday night and enjoyed a delightful evening out. A family from the church invited me for supper and a games night. They have five kids...it was a lot of fun. Monday I had bought the card game Pit they let me try it out. I was also introduced to xbox's more innocent side with a bible game, something super monkeys (?), and a sherk game. While playing the youngest, who is about four slowing inched over till she was almost in my lap put her head on my arm looked up at me and said, "I like you Pastor Liz" Still sounds odd to hear pastor before Liz, but from her it was pretty cute. After the children were all in bed we played Settlers of Catan. Yeah for sickness waiting a day.

Comments

matthew said…
glad you had fun. sad you feel sick. i shall talk to you tomorrow at some point probably :)