I Love My Church!

I just love it. I LOVE MY CHURCH. Things are going so well. I am content and joyful and excited. Things are great. It’s not perfect, people are involved and that is the best and worst thing about it. The job itself still overwhelmed me and humbles me. Most days I ask God what he's gotten me into. I'd be sinking if it wasn't a God thing. With all that i am excited for some of the things happening.

Last Sunday we took ten teens to Halifax to help with Sunday Suppers which has been feeding homeless and needy people for the past 20 years.

Next Sunday the children will be putting on their first ever Christmas presentation.

In the new year we are starting a brand new ministry for preschool children called Hope Farm. When I first shared the idea I expected the whole plan to be rejected. It wasn't. I expected it to be put on hold for a year or two. It wasn't. I thought my creative decoration ideas would be thrown out the window. They weren't. In fact the men in my church have already built a barn frame for the future preschool classroom. I have a barn. They are buying new paint and tiles over the next few weeks. When everything is finished I’ll post pictures.

I heart my church!

Comments

Lara said…
That's awesome! Everyone should love church like that! =) Nice Blog!
Jo said…
i really do have tears in my eyes right now. i love to hear stories like these!!!

good job on getting your teens to serve supper.

can i have your job in ten years when you're through? ;)
Robin said…
YAY, Liz! See I knew you could do it.
Dena said…
Hey liz, just wanted to say that I love you and miss you. I am glad you are enjoying your church so much, I'm not sure that many people do. Merry Chirstmas-Is-Approaching to you!