Yay God!

I love when God works things out because he always comes through but it is never how I expect. Yesterday did not go as planned. After an amazing week with family I boarded my plane at 12:20 we were not airborne till 4:30ish due to fog and the de-icing process. I feared missing my Toronto to Halifax connection but that turned out to be an issue because my next flight turned out to be on the same. I arrived in Halifax three and a half hours later then expected minus my luggage. And some what overwhelmed and underawake (to the grammar lovers I am sorry but I like making up new words it means lacking sleep)


My joys of air travel were both my seatmates were delightful. The first was a little boy who was six years old whose family was on the way to South Africa. The second was a fourth year English Lit major returning from Christmas break. She was completely delightful to talk with. We shared a few favorite authors and exchanged a few. We discussed some of the "religious" movies that have come out in the last years. The other joy was that every seat had personal touch television with an amazing selection of movies. One of which as the South African film Beat The Drum. It was really good. I’m sure I talk more about it some other time. It was good to hear Zulu again even if the only words I understood were grandmother and yes.


Last night after calling my parents and talking with good friends I set out to finishing my message for this morning. And by finish I mean start…I had thoughts but nothing had come together during the past two weeks. I had nothing and then like a well cooked chicken that just falls off the bone it just came laid out before me. The whole thing written in under ten minutes (Jo I didn’t even get my cry but I was to overjoyed to notice). And this morning God moved in the service. It was beautiful. I am thankful to be apart of what he is doing. God always comes through it is never when or how I expect.


I love my mummy. I admire her ongoing strength. She is wonderful.

Comments

Jo said…
Oh liz! i'm so glad to hear that the Lord helped you find a sermon to preach and that it went well! SO glad. you were in my thoughts.

You can still cry though (maybe for joy too?)
matthew said…
i'm happy you had a good trip and that the sermon went well. i am chatting with you right now so there is no use typing anything else
Sarah Beth said…
Hey Liz,

I am also glad to hear that your sermon went well. I had a similar experience as I preached this weekend but was on vacation this past week and therefore did not work a lot on my sermon while I was away, but God was faithful and gave me the words to say! We should try to get together sometime. I would love to see you and I know Ryan would too. We could even see if Heidi B wanted to join in too. Love you!