All Ears?

I love books. Yet this week I had an epiphany: books aren’t the answer. Most times while reading a thought comes to me that so-and-so should read this book or that paragraph fits with yesterdays conversation. I really noticed me doing this last week in a conversation with a friend. She was asking different questions about faith and Jesus and instead of listening to hear my head was thinking, "she could read Blue Like Jazz, Captivating, and…). I struggled to really hear what she was saying. Even the next day as I sat in my office looking at the bookshelf I was thinking which books fit with the conversation, yet knowing she would never finish any of them. Then it hit me:

Books are not the answer.

Comments

Combs said…
It's can be hard when you realize somthing like this. You never think that a passion/hobbie could get in the way, but your right, books are not the answer. Though what is in side of them may lead revelation.
matthew said…
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. You are right, the answer is not in books, but in the Holy Spirit working, whether it be through a book, a friend, a sermon, a dream, etc.