Challenges need accountability. Without checking on progress, measuring success, and celebrating victories things would not get accomplished. Today is my half birthday, I am 33 and a half today! Which seems like a fitting time to assess the progress of the 33 While 33.
For those who don't know. I like making mini-bucket lists. They are year long challenges that have tasks and hopes for that "birthday year." I set my 33 things I wanted to do while I was 33 back in April. Tasks I have completed are written in blue. Goals that are in progress are in orange. And those I haven't even started are in regular font colour. I'm also adding notes about the progress or lack of progress. Feel free to nag me about any not being done (or suggest ways I can meet the goal).
Here is the update on my 33 While 33 challenges:
- Choose a "My One Word" to focus my 33rd year: Abide
- Paint the canvas -It is still white. I don't think it will see any paint until January.
- Read the whole Bible -I'm reading the Gospel of Mark right now
- Finish 11 non-fiction books -I've read 1, I have three on the go
- Go some place new -I went to Falls Lake in September.
- Serve/help/volunteer in a new way -I have an idea
- Capture Happiness every day -I am working on this
- Count my blessings -the Thankful Thursday posts count
- Plan a trip
- Remember Birthdays
- Mail letters
- Visit my Grandma Stewart
- Build a snowman with my sister -plan to do this at Christmas
- Take a hot air balloon ride with my mum
- Go for a hike in the woods
- Create a photo book
- Learn a new skill
- Make a new friend
- Reconnect with past friends
- Try a new food
- Grow something (bonus points if it is food that I can harvest)*
- Be a vegetarian for 30 days
- Sleep under the stars
- Celebrate an obscure or odd "holiday" -going to celebrate NaNo Eve this Friday!
- Send flowers
- Be flexible
- Get lost in a corn maze
- Send one of my works of fiction to a publisher
- Do something I've been putting off
- Host a murder mystery
- Go on a date -I went on a date this summer. It ended up being plutonic but it was an attempt. If no other dates happen this year it will count...but I am hoping a romantic date will happen in the next six months. I am almost willing to be set up on a blind date -almost.
There are 15 I am sure I can accomplish in the next six months.
The ones I am worried about finishing are:
- 2 -I've had the canvas four years
- 13 -what if there is no snow?
- 23 -It would seem I've missed the window of opportunity on that one
- 30 -I don't actually think I have anything worth sending. he nex